The Power of Food for Weight Management
In a public health climate where more than one-third of adults in the United States are obese and millions have diabetes, the need for a lifestyle change is greater than it has ever been.
This curriculum is based on PCRM's successful 21-Day Vegan Kickstart program. The Kickstart has helped thousands of people adopt a plant-based diet to reach their health goals. Depending on one's perspective, the Kickstart is about losing weight, maintaining a healthy weight, or simply embracing an overall healthful diet. For some people, it's the first time the idea of not restricting amounts of foods but rather choosing the right foods has been the guiding principle for losing weight and staying healthy. Lower cholesterol, better diabetes control, lower blood pressure, as well as improvements in energy and mood are some of the many benefits people experience on this diet.
Discover which foods are optimal for weight management, learn about various health topics including blood pressure and digestion, and get empowered with the practical cooking skills needed to help you on your journey to better health. In our classes, attendees do all of this while enjoying a cooking demonstration and tasting delicious, healthful dishes in a supportive group setting.
This is a FREE class series, participants must register to attend. Classes are held at the Clarksville Fifth District
Volunteer Fire Dept., 5000 Signal Bell Ln, Clarksville, MD 21029.
- Wednesday, February 13, 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.: Introduction lecture by Barnard Medical Center Dietitian Maggie Neola
- Wednesday, February 20, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.: The Power of Your Plate
- Wednesday, February 27, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.: Let's Go!
- Wednesday, March 6, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.: Getting in Gear
- Wednesday, March 13, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.: Breaking the Food Seduction
- Wednesday, March 20, 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.: Keys for Natural Appetite Control